Frequently Asked Questions

Documents: Certificates of Origin

Is a Certificate of Origin required for claiming benefits under Free Trade Agreements?
Special certificates may be required for countries with which the United States has free trade agreements (FTAs). Some certificate of origin including those required by the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), and the FTA’s with Israel and Jordan, are prepared by the exporter. Others including those required by the FTA’s with Australia, CAFTA countries, Chile and Morocco, are importer’s responsibility). Click on a specific country below to learn details on how to document origin.

« Back to Documents

Need Help?

Can’t find the answer to your question? Identify the Pennsylvania County where your company is located to access the contact information for your local Regional Export Network Partner.