Frequently Asked Questions

Exporting Basics: U.S. Export Regulations

Where can I get advice and information about U.S. export controls?

Your local Pennsylvania Regional Export Network (REN) Partner can help you meet the necessary requirements to export your product. Understanding the distribution of certian products and the purchasing habits of certain individuals is of interest to national security. Thus certain products require a license from the Federal Governement prior to exporting.

The U.S. Department of Commerce’s Bureau of Industry & Security (BIS) administers U.S. export controls. BIS’s Office of Exporter Services can provide general information, including assistance in understanding the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), how to obtain forms, electronic services, publications, and information on training programs. You may want to contact the following BXA office for any such advice and information:

Office of Exporter Services
Outreach and Educational Services Division
14th St. & Pennsylvania Ave., NW
U.S. Department of Commerce
Washington DC 20230
Phone: (202) 482-4811
Fax: (202) 482-2927

« Back to Exporting Basics

Need Help?

Can’t find the answer to your question? Identify the Pennsylvania County where your company is located to access the contact information for your local Regional Export Network Partner.