Frequently Asked Questions

Trade Problems & Barriers: Trade Problems

I am afraid somebody is stealing my design. How can I protect myself?
If you feel your company’s intellectual property rights (IPR) have been, or may be adversely affected by a pirated and counterfeit goods, you may file a complaint electronically with the Trade Compliance Center within the International Trade Administration. In preparation to take your product abroad, you should always contact an international law specialist. Your local Pennsylvania Regional Export Network (REN) Partner is likely to have several contacts who can help you with your specific concerns, use the contact us section of this webpage to be connected with them. Working with an attorney will certainly help to reduce your exposure to IP infringement.

« Back to Trade Problems & Barriers

Need Help?

Can’t find the answer to your question? Identify the Pennsylvania County where your company is located to access the contact information for your local Regional Export Network Partner.