Trade Problems & Barriers: General
What is a foreign trade barrier?
A foreign trade barrier is any barrier that impedes a company’s ability to trade in a foreign company. The most common trade barriers are listed below:
• Tariff and Customs,
• Service Barriers,
• Standards, testing, labeling, or Certification,
• Rules of Origin,
• Government Procurement Contracting,
• Intellectual Property Protection Problems,
• Excessive Government Requirements,
• Excessive Testing or Licensing Fees,
• Bribery, and
• Investment Barriers.
« Back to Trade Problems & Barriers