Frequently Asked Questions

Exporting Basics: Getting Started

Who can help me with export start-up advice and assistance?

Start-up advice and assistance can be obtained from the nationwide network of Small Business Development Centers (SBDCs). To locate the SBDC near you, call 1-800-U-ASK-SBA. In addition, the Small Business Administration web site ( covers a range of topics including how to start a business, develop a business plan, and find sources of financing.

Your local Pennsylvania Regional Export Network (REN) Partner works solely with export ready companies but can direct you toward the offices or individuals who can help you with this process. Contact your REN Partner using the contact us section of this website.

« Back to Exporting Basics

Need Help?

Can’t find the answer to your question? Identify the Pennsylvania County where your company is located to access the contact information for your local Regional Export Network Partner.